Текущее время: 28 мар 2024, 23:18

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: pair have formed a solid working part
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2017, 11:55 
Привыклось

Статус: Участник форума
Pitching for the first time at Fenway Park is probably exciting in its own right, but doing so with a chance to get his club a sweep should give Travis Wood an extra jolt of energy. Pat Elflein Youth Jersey . Wood will look to keep his focus on Wednesday night when the Chicago Cubs wrap just their fourth all-time regular season series with the Boston Red Sox. You watch the game live on TSN2 at 7pm et/4pm pt. The left-hander is coming off a no-decision versus Washington on Thursday, one that saw him allow seven hits and five walks over 6 2/3 innings. He did manage to limit the damage to just three runs and his offense took him off the hook in a 5-3 win. "I kind of spaced out there for a bit and gave up too many walks," said Wood. "The guys really had my back tonight." The 27-year-old walked five batters for the second time in five starts and is 7-6 with a 4.52 earned run average on the season. However, Wood is pitching to a 6.07 ERA in eight outings on the road. Hoping to salvage the finale of this three-game set, the Red Sox turn to Brandon Workman for his first ever meeting with the Cubs. Workman picked up a loss on Friday to the New York Yankees despite lasting a season-high seven innings. He was charged with four runs on seven hits, including two homers, while fanning five in his first loss since last Sept. 8. The 25-year-old righty dipped to 1-1 with a 3.27 ERA in nine games (6 starts) this season and has a home ERA of 2.65. Workman will try to keep an incredible streak by Boston pitchers at home alive tonight. Though the Red Sox lost 2-1 on Tuesday, it marked the 14th straight home game for Boston in which it held an opponent to three runs or fewer. That is the longest such streak in franchise history and best in the American League since the Chicago White Sox in 1966-67. Dustin Pedroia had three hits and drove in Bostons only run on Tuesday. Closer Koji Uehara was unable to keep the game tied in the ninth, giving up a leadoff single to Anthony Rizzo and a double by Starlin Castro to set up Luis Valbuenas go-ahead sacrifice fly. Hector Rondon shut down the Red Sox in the ninth to post his 11th save, while Pedro Strop earned the win with a scoreless inning of relief behind Edwin Jackson. The starter scattered six hits and four walks over six innings of one-run ball. "Weve been very fortunate in that our starting pitching has done a nice job and our relief corps has done a really good job," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "Guys just scratched out a run or two to give us an opportunity to win." Clay Buchholz, in his second start since returning from the disabled list, only allowed one run on five hits over 6 1/3 innings for the Red Sox, who were shut out in Mondays opener. "I thought he had good stuff, probably one of the better fastballs hes had the entire season," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "I thought he threw a number of really good curveballs." The Cubs now own a slight 6-5 advantage all-time in the regular season versus the Red Sox. Pat Elflein Vikings Jersey . - Their offence is underperforming. Ben Gedeon Womens Jersey . PAUL, Minn. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-Ben-Gedeon-Vikings-Jersey/ .com) - Troy Brouwer scored the game-winning goal with just 12.Roy Keane would be a good fit for Celtic if he is chosen to replace Ronny Deila, according to Republic of Ireland manager Martin ONeill. Keane, currently ONeills No 2, has not held a full managerial position since leaving Ipswich Town in 2011, but some bookmakers have suspended betting on him taking charge at the Scottish Premiership champions. The 44-year-old spoke to Celtic two years ago about the managerial vacancy to which Deila was eventually appointed. Roy Keane played 10 times for Celtic in the 2005-06 season Deila will leave Celtic following Sundays home match against Motherwell - live on Sky Sports 2 HD from midday - and ONeill is confident the former Manchester United captain could do the job if the Hoops come calling. I think Celtic is one of the great clubs in the world and I have to say that he was one of the great players in the world, so thats not a bad fit for a start, said ONeill, who won three league titles during his five years as Celtic manager. Keane will be alongside ONeill at this summers European Championship Could he do the job? I would have no problems with that whatsoever. Would he be capable of doing that? Absolutely. But as Roy said, you still have to be asked and so far, Im not so sure that thats been the case.But I dont think that he would give things up here lightly. Something would have to, as he often says, his favourite phrase, rock his boat - I think is what he says. But he has enjoyed it here. I think it has been good for him, but is he ready to go? Yes, he could very well be.Keane has served as ONeills No 2 since November 2013 and the pair have formed a solid working partnership as they have guided Ireland to this summers European Championship in France. Keane the ideal man Roy Keaane is the ideal man to succeed Ronny Deila at Celtic, according to Charlie Nicholas… However, ONeill has always suspected he would ultimately lose his assistant to club management once again and insists he would not stand in his way if the opportunity came along. Jaleel Johnson Womens Jersey. .Asked if he still expected to be working with Keane when the World Cup qualifiers get under way next season, ONeill said: I wouldnt know, really, I certainly wouldnt know that. Anything can happen between now and the start of next season. Who can say? Leigh Griffiths scored his 40th goal of the season but it was not enough to stop Celtic losing 2-1 at St Johnstone But I think I have said to you before, I think Roy will want to go and manage in his own right and make the decisions, which is important. He has been used to making a lot of decisions throughout his life both as a player and a captain, and as a manager.I think this has been very, very good for him. Will he want to manage on his own again? Absolutely, and if an opportunity comes up, a really good opportunity, then I would wish him all the best. Also See: Keane the ideal man Celtic slip up at St Johnstone ONeill calm over Celtic link Gordon: Keane hard but fair Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа