Текущее время: 29 мар 2024, 10:56

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: appy." The Yankees considered giving Pineda another rehab st
СообщениеДобавлено: 02 июн 2017, 11:50 
Привыклось

Статус: Участник форума
Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Patrick Reed birdied the second playoff hole on Sunday to top fellow rookie Jordan Spieth and claim his first career win at the Wyndham Championship. Gump Worsley Stars Jersey .Reed, who held at least a share of the lead since the end of the second round, carded a 4-under 66 during his final round to finish the tournament at 14- under-par 266.Just to get my first win means everything to me, said Reed.Spieth shot a 5-under 65 in his final round at Sedgefield Country Club to meet him there.Brian Harman (66) and John Huh (68) shared third place at 12-under, while Zach Johnson (68), Matt Every (67) and Matt Jones tied for fifth at 11-under.Rory Sabbatini (65), Andres Gonzales (64) and Bob Estes (69) occupied eighth at 10-under 270.Reed and Spieth replayed the 18th hole for the first playoff, where Spieth hit his tee shot into the left trees, while Reeds tee shot found the first cut.Spieth was forced to punch out of the trees with his second before finding the green with his third about 26 feet from the hole.Reed had stuck his second shot to seven feet from the pin, but after Spieth converted his lengthy par putt, Reed failed to roll in his clinching birdie putt and the duo moved to the 10th hole.It was Reeds turn to find trouble off the tee this time as he took a provisional following his errant shot into the right trees.He was able to find his tee shot, however, and ripped his second through the branches to six feet of the hole.It was the best shot of my life, thats for sure, Reed said.Spieth had hit his approach to 10 feet, but could not convert his birdie effort, allowing Reed to claim the win when he poured in his birdie putt.Huh and Reed entered the final round tied for the lead at 10-under and Huh was the first to pull ahead with a birdie at the first, but then bogeyed the second to fall back into a tie with Reed.After both players parred the third and fourth, Reed raced ahead with three straight birdies from the fifth to move to 13-under.Reed would add a 5-foot birdie putt at the ninth to move four clear of the field, but Huh pulled back within a stroke with three birdies in a 4-hole stretch from the ninth.Spieth, meanwhile, followed a bogey at the first with gains at Nos. 4, 8, 12, 13 and 15 to race up the leaderboard and meet Huh in second at 13-under.Reed and Huh, playing in the final group behind Spieth, both birdied the 15th to move to 15- and 14-under, respectively.Spieth stayed hot with a birdie at the 17th to move to 1-under and claim a share of first place as Reed tripped to a bogey at the 16th. Spieth closed with a par to stay there.Huh then failed to convert an 18-foot par putt at the 17th to fall a shot off the pace, and followed with another bogey at the last to miss the playoff.Reed had a chance to earn the outright win with a birdie at the par-4 18th, but he failed to find the front of the green with his second shot and could not hole his birdie effort to force the playoff with Spieth.NOTES: Reed became the first player on the PGA Tour to win with his wife as his caddie since Steve Stricker won the 1996 BMW Championship ... Reed is the 12th first-time winner on tour this season and first since Spieth at the John Deere Classic ... Reeds victory moved him up from 78th to 22nd in the FedExCup standings in preparation for next weeks playoffs ... Not a single player was able to jump in the top 125 in the FedExCup standings this week for the first time in the seven-year history of the standings ... The start of the final round was delayed an hour due to inclement weather. Shawn Horcoff Stars Jersey . -- Canadas Milos Raonic defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France on Saturday to advance to the third round of the BNP Paribas Open. Brian Bellows Jersey . Bjoergen pulled away from Swedens Charlotte Kalla on the final straight to win in 38 minutes, 33.6 seconds and defend her title from the 2010 Vancouver Games. Kalla was 1.8 seconds back. Heidi Weng of Norway took bronze. http://www.thedallasstarshockey.com/erik-cole-hockey-jersey/ . He made the comment at a media availability Saturday prior to Game 2 of the Boston-Montreal playoff series when a Quebec reporter said there is sentiment in Quebec that the NHL looks more favourably on Seattle than Quebec City when it comes to future expansion.BALTIMORE -- New York Yankees right-hander Michael Pineda will come off the disabled list Wednesday and make his first start since his suspension for using pine tar on the mound. Pineda last pitched on April 23, when he was ejected from a game against Boston. He received a 10-game suspension from Major League Baseball for "possessing a foreign substance on his person." Pineda has been on the DL since May 6 with a right shoulder muscle injury. He returns to face the Orioles after making two rehabilitation starts for Triple-A Scranton-Wilkes-Barre. Pineda declared himself healthy and expressed an eagerness to put the suspension behind him. "I know I made a mistake, so I learned from that," he said in the New York clubhouse Monday. "Everything is in the past right now. I want to continue my career. Im focused on my game and Im focused on pitching. I said sorry to my team, sorry to everybody." Pineda is 2-2 with a 1.83 ERA in four starts. ";Im working hard, I was doing good, and I want to be ready for this situation," he said. Antti Niemi Jersey. "Im happy." The Yankees considered giving Pineda another rehab start but decided he was ready to go. "We feel hes ready now," manager Joe Girardi said. "His stuff was good. His slider was good, his fastball was good, and his changeup was good. Youre never sure how when a guys rehabbing how the arm strength is going to be and how short theyre going to be, but he threw the ball well." Pineda returns at a time when the Yankees need a surge to make up a six-game deficit on first-place Baltimore in the AL East. "This is a guy that threw very well before he went on the DL and it will be nice to have him back," Girardi said. In other news, New York on Monday selected the contract of reliever Chris Leroux from Triple-A and optioned pitcher Bryan Mitchell, who made his major league debut against Cleveland on Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа